<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sunday Service Number Five 

It's been an interesting day. The Sunday Service went off without incident. The Collection Plate reached a dizzy height of some three thousand pounds, and I have kept cool in the Scorching Milton Keynes sun by swanning about the town completely starkers.

It seems the Police of Milton Keynes are quite used to my naturist-inspired rambles through the town now, as they don't bother to arrest me. Indeed, I saw a fine pair of young Women Police Constables today walking the beat with naught but their caps and batons for dignity.

It's possible, I suppose, that I could have strolled into the Red Light District again. But one of the police officers assured me of her credentials by revealing her papers concealed within her flap.

On my way home I noticed that there was a large door in the middle of the road outside my Vicarage. The door was old and from the 1950s. I am a door expert, and I am blessed with an ability to see which door will be appropriate for which house. Indeed, I have made several thousand pounds in consultancy fees for a forthcoming Channel 4 series, "How Old Is Your Door?".

I have taken this door and stored it for safe keeping. One never knows when one needs a rotting, moulding, creaking, warped piece of wood. Maybe I'll burn some Heathens next to it in honour of this find.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?