<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

A Chance Encounter 

This morning I met an old friend of mine in a remarkable co-incidence. We were both down in the scrap yard looking for new curtain pelmets for our residences, when we bumped heads.

It was my old Choir Master from when I was a lad. He didn't look a day over 95! I shook his hand firmly, and the old bastard nearly crumbled into thin air. But apart from that, the rotting teeth, the Zimmer frame and the smell, he is still a fine figure of a man.

I was very pleased to meet him again. Back in the days, I never knew any other Choir Master who was able to get so much out of His Boys. His leadership was exemplary, and his singing with beautiful: like a Siren Song. I was always astonished at how high he could sing, but he later exposed himself as a castrati. As a young boy, I didn't quite understand what that entailed until it was demonstrated to us all.

I have asked him over to the Vicarage for a cup of tea and a slice of Battenburg cake tomorrow.

There, we will hatch a new plan.

We will launch the Milton Keynes Gospel (and Urban "Bling!" Rap) Choir!

And We Will Be Invited to Perform at Carnegie Hall!

Let there be no doubt: The Parsnip Will Prevail!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?